Facebook Like Button

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Training Day 20121226

RWJ Fitness & Wellness - New Brunswick
The thing that stinks about belonging to a gym that just opened up is that sometimes your friends/regular training partners may still belong to your old gym... meaning, you have to workout alone until they switch or until you find new, reliable training partners.  I like having benchmarks and people to motivate me, so fortunately for me, although not ideal, my cousin (as I've mentioned in my previous post) has decided to follow my programming and compare results long distance.  Haha, hopefully he's not cheating, because it is a disadvantage to post my times first.  Anyway, I was a little hungover (not an excuse), but once I started deadlifting, my body responded well I think... we'll just have to see if my efforts were good enough to beat Geoff haha.  Definitely check out Geoff's blog, his setup is way better than mine haha (I'm pretty jelly).

PART I.
Deadlifts
5/155#, 5/185#, 3/225#, 5/275#, 3/315#, 1+/350# (I did 2 and according to strength standards, my 1RM went up from 370# to 388#... I definitely thought 2 would be piss poor and was beating myself up that I couldn't get 3- it bothered me the rest of the session haha)

PART II.
For Time
11 Power Snatches @ 65#
50 Single Unders
11 KB Swings @ 30#
50 meter shuttle run
3 Bar Facing Burpees

8 Power Snatches @ 65#
50 Single Unders
8 KB Swings @ 30#
50 meter shuttle run
4 Bar Facing Burpees

5 Power Snatches @ 65#
50 Single Unders
5 KB Swings @ 30#
50 meter shuttle run
5 Bar Facing Burpees

I finished in 6mins 16sec.  I should've used the roller to stretch out my lower back a bit before I did this metcon, oh well.  The snatches smoked me and my legs felt like jello!

PART III.
OH (Overhead) Squat
5/65#, 5/70#, 3/85#, 5/105#, 3/120#, 1+/135# (I ended up doing 4, pretty stoked about that)

PART IV.
3 Rounds
Row 250 meters
15 HRPU (Hand-Release Push-ups)

I finished in 4mins 15sec.  Surprisingly, I went unbroken... wish my row was better, but I'll take it.

PART V.
I cashed out with:
15 GHD Sit-ups
10 Weighted Sit-ups w/35# plate
AMAP Hammer Strength Abdominal Machine @ 60#
Tricep Rope Extension Drop Set: 5/70-60-50-40-30# (25 reps total)

Notes
- PART I: Like I said, would've like to get 3/350#, but just as long as I'm progressing, I'll take it.
- PART II: Was pretty surprised the 65# power snatches smoked me.  I would like to incorporate more EMOM work so I get more efficient at the Olympic Lifts.
- PART III: After the first met-con, I honestly was not in the mood to do 5/3/1 OH Squats haha.  I'm glad I pushed through and hit 4/135#.  Can't wait to see what that plugs into for the strength standards calculator (for front squats and oh squats, I plug the numbers into the "squats" section haha).
- PART IV: Was smoked, my thighs were on fire, but it was good.  Got the blood flowing.
- PART V: I ended up doing 17 for the AMAP.  I think I fell in love with that machine... Also, tricep extensions... yeah, I know I've incorporated a couple bodybuilding exercises the last couple of days... but, whatev haha.
- I know I put a lot on my plate for today.  With my vacation days slipping by, just feel like I have to sneak everything in before I go back to work in a week!  Can you blame me for maximizing my playground time?

Not sure if I'm going out tonight... my roommate has off tomorrow so he may want to go out, but 12+ hours as an ER resident can make a man tired.  And if I do go out tonight, I definitely earned it!  Will let you know in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. **Videos of workouts posted on my blog**

    Part I:
    Deadlifts
    5/135#, 5/185#, 3/235#, 5/265#, 3/305#, 1/330# (PR)

    Part II:
    I finished at 4mins 41 seconds.

    Part III:
    OH (Overhead) Squat
    5/65#, 5/75#, 3/85#, 5/105#, 3/120#, 3/140#

    Part IV:
    I clocked in at 3mins 56seconds.

    Part V:
    Cashout
    15 Ab mat sit ups
    10 weighted situps w 25# plate
    Tricep Rope Extension Drop Set: 5/60-50-40-30-20 (25 reps total)

    ReplyDelete