Facebook Like Button

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Training Day 20121225

So I managed to get Hero to go out tonight... not sure for how long, but just in case, I ended up working out on the 9th floor again at 7:30pm.  I honestly can't wait for the regular gym to open back up tomorrow morning!  Anyway, of course the only channel that worked at the gym was CNN and I had to listen to Piers Morgan interview Barbara Streisand.  I have no problem with either one of them, it's just that hearing clips of her singing from Yentl wasn't quite motivating haha.  Moreover, I wasn't too enthusiastic to perform what I wrote up, but once I got going, everything felt fine.


PART I.
For Time
Treadmill- 5min @ 7mph, 1.0%incline, then
7 Dumbbell Push Presses (30# each hand)
14 Inverted Row (just like you see in the picture), then
Treadmill- 5min @ 6.8mph, 1.0% incline, then
11 KB (Kettlebell) Swings 25#
11 T2B (Toe-To-Bar)
8 KB Swings 25#
8 T2B
5 KB Swings 25#
5 T2B

I finished in 13mins 8sec.  Before even conducting the workout, you know that you're running for 10 minutes no matter what (came out to roughly 1.15 miles).

PART II.
I cashed out with:
15 Dive Bombers
AMAP Alternate Bicep Curls w/35# Dumbbells
100 Single Unders
AMAP Supinated Hammer Curls w/25# Dumbbells
15 Diamond Push-ups
16 Pistol Squats (8 each leg)

Notes
- PART I: Despite feeling sore prior to hopping on the treadmill, about a minute into it, I loosened up and the rest of the movements felt good.  Went unbroken with everything, but glad I didn't try to increase the speed, weight, or repetitions.  I have deadlifts tomorrow and don't want to overdo anything & at the same time, not cheat myself out of a good workout.
- PART II: Yes, I did bicep curls... haha, I hang my head down in shame.  No one was at the gym and I figured why not?  It's not like a dedicated a whole session to them.  For the alternate curls, I did 10 reps and for the supinated hammers, I did 15 reps.  I'm loving my pistols and feel them getting better as each day passes.

Time to get showered and hit the bar(s) for a couple of hours.  Not going to go blackout all-stars tonight because I'm excited for what I wrote up for tomorrow, which uses a good amount of space.  Perhaps I'll have a late night recap later on or tomorrow morning.  Happy holidays and hope all of you are safe!


1 comment:

  1. WOD 20121227

    Part I:
    For Time:
    Treadmill - 5min @ 7.0mph, then
    7 Dumbbell Push Presses 30# each hand
    14 Inverted Row, then
    Treadmill - 5min @ 6.8mph, then
    11 KB (Kettlebell) Swings 25#
    11 T2B (Toe 2 Bar)
    8 KBS 25#
    8 T2B
    5 KBS 25#
    5 T2B

    I clocked in at 12mins 53sec. In my picture you'lll see I started the clock at 00:20 for the first part of the run because that's when the machine got to 7.0mph, and started the second part of the run at 05:40 because that's when the machine started back up to 6.8mph after resuming the "pause" feature.

    Part II:
    Cashout
    15 Dive Bombers
    AMAP Alternating Bicep Curls w/ 30# Dumbbells (completed 23 each hand)
    100 Single Unders
    AMAP Supinated Hammer Curls w 30# Dumbbells (12 curls)
    15 Diamond Pushups
    16 Pistol Squats (8 each leg)

    Part III:
    1000m row @ recovery pace
    finished at 4mins 41sec

    ReplyDelete